Bring your school group to Mardi Gras World, where they can learn about New Orleans history and culture through the wonder of Mardi Gras. Stand in awe as you watch our artists painting and sculpting right before your eyes. Our tour highlights the history of Mardi Gras and showcases the art, giving a unique glimpse into the past and present of this incredible tradition. Come witness the process that makes Mardi Gras the greatest free show on Earth.
Our hour-long tour gives visitors an insider’s view of how Mardi Gras is made and includes a video on the history of Mardi Gras. Take the opportunity to dress like a Mardi Gras float rider. Come get a behind-the-scenes look as we build our props and floats for next year’s parades.
Explore the artistic side of Mardi Gras! This one-hour activity allows groups grades 4 and above the opportunity to create a Mardi Gras mask to take home. Each participant will be given one mask, glitter, and anything else needed to decorate their one-of-a-kind Carnival creation. This can be added as an additional hour experience to your tour.
Let us organize lunch for your group in our Mardi Gras World gallery. We can offer outdoor seating with a breathtaking view of the Mississippi river.
All reservations require a deposit. Minimum of 30 required to qualify for group rates on lunches and activities. Please contact the group sales department for more information on tiered pricing.
We do not allow any outside food or beverage.
To Book a Field Trip
Fill out and submit the Field Trip Request Form below and a member of our Group Reservations Department will contact you shortly.
Group Tour Guidelines
- All attendees must pay as a group.
- All groups must have a minimum of 20 attendees.
- Groups are responsible for all parking fees.
- The parking rate in LOT J is $20.00 per car. (Parking lot is owned and operated by Ernest N. Morial Convention Center)
- Free bus parking is along the side of our facility.
- Mardi Gras World requires all reservations to be confirmed, including guest count, 10 days prior to tour date. A non-refundable deposit must be submitted within 2 weeks of initial booking. Deposits and final payments are non-refundable.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time to guarantee your time slot.
- We apologize, but the shuttle cannot be used for group transportation.
- Additional guest may be joining your group on this tour. Inquire about private tour rates. If interested in a private tour, please reach out to email@example.com